Friday, April 9, 2010

Will Earthbound be on the Virtual Console?

I've played Earthbound for a while and is not only one of the best RPG's or SNES titles, but also one of the best games of all time! Its the sequel to Earthbound Zero(Mother) on the NES and has a Japan onlysequel on the GBA. But will this title ever be on the Virtual Console?Will Earthbound be on the Virtual Console?
Given that Nintendo has spat in the eye of all Mother fans in the US for this long, I doubt it. What has to happen before they bring Mother 1 and 3 stateside? Will Earthbound be on the Virtual Console?
I kinda doubt it, since we never got Mother 3 over here. I still play it on my SNES every once in a while, since it's so awesome. When I finally heard Nintendo was making a sequel I was so excited, but it really really sucks that we aren't getting it in the states.
I definitely hope so... give me a chance to play it... legally.
Well Earthbound was an American release so it could be on the VC, and now that they're making Japanese imports to the VC, they might release the first Mother to VC. I certainly hope so. And Lucas from Mother 3 is premiering on Super Smash Bros. Brawl, so we might hopefully see it.
I'm sure Earthbound will make it to the VC at some point. They'll release every single game they've made, and if they're willing to release Mach Rider and Urban Champion, this will come too.There's even a decent chance we'll see the original Mother as well. The game was actually fully translated, and 3 prototype cartridges of it exist. One was sold at an auction a few years back for like $300. Assuming Nintendo still has one of their own, it would be an easy game to send to the VC, no translating necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment