Sunday, April 11, 2010

Street Fighter 4, first pic and info!

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content%26task=view%26id=8208%26Itemid=9Chatting with a Capcom rep Tuesday, we asked how Street Fighter IV is coming along (''great,'' of course) and what exactly it's going to look like.

''You'll find out Thursday,'' said Capcom's Chris Kramer.
EGM has also stated it would reveal its secret cover for next month on thursday, so put two and two together. There is also the GTA IV trailer, awesome day its going to be. Part 4 mania!! EDIT:Street Figher IV Unveiled
Exclusive first ever screenshot and details for Capcom's franchise revival.
By Matt Leone, 12/06/2007
Numbers are supposed to be impressive, right? Well, it's been 10 years, two hardware generations, and about seventeen thousand rumors since the last pure number Street Fighter came around. And today we have the first ever official details on Street Fighter IV.

We don't blame you if your eyes have already skipped down to the screenshot lower on the page (yes, that's from the game engine). Take your time. But we've got some information as well, so the rest of this is probably worth reading when you get a chance.

Though the screenshot doesn't answer this question outright, we can confirm that the game's graphics are polygonal but the gameplay is strictly 2D. There will be new moves, locations, and gameplay features, while the standard six button control scheme remains. Ryu and Ken return along with Chun-Li and Dhalsim, but beyond that the character roster is a mystery. And then there's the issue of what platform(s) the game will end up on, which at this point Capcom is keeping close to its chest (if you search 1UP's database, you'll find listings for arcade, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions, but those are just guesses based on the graphical quality).


SCREENSHOT: Click on the image above to see the high-res. version.

For the full reveal of the game -- including hands-on impressions, a rundown of the new gameplay system, and loads of details on new features -- look for the January 2008 issue of EGM in stores soon and hitting subscribers any day now. And then after you check the issue out, keep your eye on 1UP's Street Fighter IV hub page for ongoing coverage continuing into January.

Anyway, are you still reading this? Didn't you see the screenshot above? Click it and look at the larger version! All your friends are doing it...
Street Fighter 4, first pic and info!
Yes. I'd like to see some steady information about SF4 since it's more than a year away. Maybe something like the daily Brawl updates, but less frequent.



I wonder what's going to happen on Thursday. And if EGM has a cover story on SF4, I'll probably pick up the mag even though I haven't read EGM in ages.Street Fighter 4, first pic and info!
I'm hoping its a gameplay trailer.
This could either be very good or very bad.
*rubs eyes in disbelief* Whaaaaaat? We could actually see something that will reveal what Street Fighter IV is going to look like so soon. Woo hoo, I think. I'm both scared and excited at the same time.
[QUOTE=''DarkCatalyst'']This could either be very good or very bad.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=''Archangel3371'']*rubs eyes in disbelief* Whaaaaaat? We could actually see something that will reveal what Street Fighter IV is going to look like so soon. Woo hoo, I think. I'm both scared and excited at the same time.[/QUOTE]If Street Fighter IV is in 3D...I will be ticked off for a good month or two..I might even cry.
Stop scaring me people. It'll be 2D... I hope.
[QUOTE=''Kreatzion'']Stop scaring me people. It'll be 2D... I hope.[/QUOTE]I just can't bring myself to take anything for granted.
[QUOTE=''DarkCatalyst'']This could either be very good or very bad.[/QUOTE]I was thinking that as well. But did they say anything about a trailer? Or just that we will see what it will look like?
[QUOTE=''majadamus''][QUOTE=''DarkCatalyst'']This could either be very good or very bad.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=''Archangel3371'']*rubs eyes in disbelief* Whaaaaaat? We could actually see something that will reveal what Street Fighter IV is going to look like so soon. Woo hoo, I think. I'm both scared and excited at the same time.[/QUOTE]If Street Fighter IV is in 3D...I will be ticked off for a good month or two..I might even cry. [/QUOTE]I hope they put it in 2D too. We have enough high profile 3D fighters already.
[QUOTE=''sa10kun''][QUOTE=''DarkCatalyst'']This could either be very good or very bad.[/QUOTE]I was thinking that as well. But did they say anything about a trailer? Or just that we will see what it will look like?[/QUOTE]At this point, it's safe to expect either to be very telling.
Let's just wait and see what Capcom are going to pull out of their hats. I'm hoping it's for the best...
[QUOTE=''DarkCatalyst''] [QUOTE=''Kreatzion'']Stop scaring me people. It'll be 2D... I hope.[/QUOTE]I just can't bring myself to take anything for granted.[/QUOTE]I've said it before, and I'll say it again: if this ''Street Fighter IV'' isn't a true 2D fighter, then it's not really Street Fighter IV at all.
Booya am I keen for this!
[QUOTE=''ShenlongBo''][QUOTE=''DarkCatalyst''] [QUOTE=''Kreatzion'']Stop scaring me people. It'll be 2D... I hope.[/QUOTE]I just can't bring myself to take anything for granted.[/QUOTE]I've said it before, and I'll say it again: if this ''Street Fighter IV'' isn't a true 2D fighter, then it's not really Street Fighter IV at all.[/QUOTE]3 Yea, but sadly alot of games are going 3d. Didn't KOF go only 3d recently? I don't get why they would do that. Is it cheaper to make a game 3d as compared to 2d?
I'm still saying that the game will be 2.5D. You'll have 3D character models, probably a 3D background, but the game will play in 2D. Plus it'll have some cel shading.
If I'm wrong, you can slap me across the face as if you were Bill Cosby out of Jell-O.

[QUOTE=''EmilioDigsIt'']I'm still saying that the game will be 2.5D. You'll have 3D character models, probably a 3D background, but the game will play in 2D. Plus it'll have some cel shading.
If I'm wrong, you can slap me across the face as if you were Bill Cosby out of Jell-O.[/QUOTE] 2.5D does not bring about 2D gameplay. There are things you just can't simulate in that transition unless you go to more trouble than any team is willing to.
My guess its gonna be cel shaded and not 2D,2D games dont take that long to make maybe 12-13 months tops and SFIV is prolly already a few months in development.
I reckon it'll be artistic genius. So 2D with some quasi 3D effects.
I'm hoping it'll look good, can't wait to see this stuff on thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment