Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Halo 3 sells over 5 MILLION copies! Mass Effect already at 1 million!

[url=http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/15269/Halo-3-Sells-5-Million-Copies-Mass-Effect-Already-Sold-1M/]Source[/url]Speaking to GameDaily, Jeff Bell, the corporate vice president of Global Marketing for the Interactive Entertainment Business unit, has revealed that Halo 3 has sold five million copies since it launched on September 25. Meanwhile, Bell revealed that BioWare's Mass Effect has already sold one million units in only three weeks.

''We saw incredible sales of Xbox 360 for the week of November 18, including Black Friday of more than 310,000 Xbox 360 in the U.S. alone.'' Bell told GameDaily. ''This is really strong momentum for us given that we're already in our third year on the market. We've also seen a strong response to both Halo 3 sales with more than 5 million, and Mass Effect which has sold more than a million copies in less than three weeks.'' Man, Halo 3 sells 5 million units in three months while Mass Effect sells 1 million units in three weeks? :shock: Microsoft has definitely hit a grand slam on the software charts this Holiday season. Halo 3 sells over 5 MILLION copies! Mass Effect already at 1 million!
im glad to hear ME is selling well. i have seen a lot of people write it off after some of the less than stellar reviews, and while the game has some issues that make you scratch your head, anyone who was excited about it before the reviews should still own the game, its that good.Halo 3 sells over 5 MILLION copies! Mass Effect already at 1 million!
I'm really glad Mass Effect is doing well. I was a bit afraid it would get overlooked due to all the other huge games coming out right now but it seems like it managed to stand out from the crowd. Amazing game.
That's awesome news.Halo 3 over 5 million already, incredible. I am definately pleased with what Bungie delievered with Halo 3. I love the video replay feature and really hope to see something like that used in some other games in the future. The Forge is also incredibly cool. The multi-player is as incredibly fun and as addictive as ever. I also really enjoyed the single player campaign and thought the foreshadowing in the Legendary ending was interesting. I do wish there was one more particular boss battle but oh well.Excellent news for Mass Effect as well. I'm so glad I picked this game up. Huge props to the writers of this as the world in ME is just incredibly detailed and very engrossing. It's a real shame about some of the technical problems although really the most annoying one that I have come across is the texture pop-ins which can be pretty horrendous at times. I'm really enjoying the combat in the game. The only changes I made in the options was to change my teammates to 'Active' and I took off the 'Grain Filter'. I'm at around the 40 hour mark in game time and I still have alot of sidequests to do along with the main quest.Once I finish ME I know I'll play it at least one more time if not several more times before the sequel hits. Speaking of which I can't wait for the next part in this trilogy and I can see why they would already have planned a trilogy for this game as I have already seen tons of really cool things that can made with all the information I have found already.
Halo 3 will be the best selling Halo game, no doubts there. ME has excellent numbers as well. The 360 software is doing so well, they targeted the right people it seemed. I wonder how well GTA4 will do, will it outdo Halo 3 on the 360.
Did you ever know that you're my herooooo, Master Chief?Lol. Awesome news for ME. I need to pick that one up soon-ish. Then it'll be a matter of actually finding time for playing it, but what the hell.
And some people said COD4 would outsell Halo 3. With 5 million copies on people's shelves, I don't see that happening. Props to Bungie and Bioware.
[QUOTE=''OneWingedAngeI'']im glad to hear ME is selling well. i have seen a lot of people write it off after some of the less than stellar reviews, and while the game has some issues that make you scratch your head, anyone who was excited about it before the reviews should still own the game, its that good.[/QUOTE]Exactly, thank god, bring on ME2, agter all its gona be a trilogy.
[QUOTE=''EazyB'']And some people said COD4 would outsell Halo 3. With 5 million copies on people's shelves, I don't see that happening. Props to Bungie and Bioware.[/QUOTE]So you were awaiting the results of the sales race inbetween CoD4 and Halo 3 with bated breath? Both are great games, but Halo has always been vastly more popular and CoD4 had the bad luck to have been preceded by CoD3.As for Mass Effect, its interesting to see that Jade Empire didn't do measurable damage to Bioware's reputation. The lack of a demo and the fact it was shipped unfinished scared me off, but most of the people that plunk down 60 bucks for it seem to be enjoying it (at least those that post at GS, anyway).
That was to be expected....the games are great.But why the Heck a game like ''Cooking Mama'' sold over 1 Million copies on the Wii...man,I whouldn磘 even buy the game because of the title...maybe theres just too much crap out on the other consoles.Lucky for me as 360 owner :-)
Well, good for them, got both games and liked them a lot. I would like to see more RPGs on X360, so ME doing good is very good news.
[QUOTE=''nopalversion'']Well, good for them, got both games and liked them a lot. I would like to see more RPGs on X360, so ME doing good is very good news.[/QUOTE]The list of rpgs coming to the 360 in 08 is much more vast than I originally thought, especially western rpgs (although only a few look to be high quality. Teamxbox just ran this feature detailing all of the upcoming rpgs
Mass Effect sold a million copies already? That's awesome, I was under the impression it wasn't doing too well but that really lightens my day.
Mass Effect is a front runner for the GOTD (Game of the Decade) for me.It's a shame more people don't play this. I stand by the idea that if everyone on the planet played Mass Effect, that might make us put aside petty differences based on geography, religion and the color of our respective skin. But that's for another thread.Mass Effect deserves those sales, and more.
[QUOTE=''CarnageHeart''][QUOTE=''EazyB'']And some people said COD4 would outsell Halo 3. With 5 million copies on people's shelves, I don't see that happening. Props to Bungie and Bioware.[/QUOTE]So you were awaiting the results of the sales race inbetween CoD4 and Halo 3 with bated breath? Both are great games, but Halo has always been vastly more popular and CoD4 had the bad luck to have been preceded by CoD3.[/QUOTE]Umm, Halo 3 outselling COD4 was not some monumental event that I've been praying for, I'm just glade it seems to have turned out that way. I own both and have played entirely through both, and although they are both AAA games, I feel it's apparent that Bungie put much more effort into H3 then IW put into COD4. I won't go into detail regarding why I feel Halo 3 is a much better product, but I'm glade they were reward accordingly. On top of that you have the Bungie haters who fail to warrent the Halo series' quality, and while that's subjective, to completely disregard the series seems criminal to me.The main point is, the market has spoken, Halo 3 will probably become the best selling Halo game and justly so.
Well I just finished my first play through of Mass Effect and man was it ever awesome. Sure it has some technical hangups, the most notable being some damn ugly texture pop-in but this is certainly a case of a game where the sum of it's parts far outweighs its problems.First off the people who wrote this stuff did a fantastic job. The world or better yet the universe of Mass Effect is incredibly detailed with the various planet descriptions, background and underlying story of ME, the character dialog, etc. I love the dialog wheel. While it mostly just seems like a different take on selecting different lines of dialog from before there is something about it that just 'feels' right and really makes conversing with characters more flowing and natural. The story for this game is incredibly engrossing and very hard to put down because you really want to see what is around the next corner.I love the combat in this game. I never did get around to using the sniper rifles but the other weapons actually felt pretty satisfying especially the shotgun. It felt great sneaking around a crate or whatever and blasting the enemy up close and moreso if you had the weapon powered up with something like Incidnerary rounds. The combat while in the Mako wasn't as satisfying however. The controls for the vehicle are pretty slippery to come to gripes with and while you can get accustomed to them to a decent degree fairly quickly there always seems to be moments where you'll get frustrated trying to position the thing especially in battles. For the battles I found it easy to simply line yourself up perpendicular to whatever you were shooting at and just move side to side to avoid the projectiles like missiles, acid, energy balls, etc.Graphically it's a pretty nice looking game overall, fantastic in some areas and a little on the average side in others. To be fair though if you were to go visiting a whole bunch of planets they won't all have gorgeous looking vistas to look at with sunsets, moons and planets in the horizons, volcanic activity, and snow or sandstorms. The characters are quite detailed and the facial animations are expressive. The sound effects are good and the voice actors did an excellent job delivering their dialog. There were times when I did notice a change in the sound from what I would assume was due to them doing different recording sessions. While it would have been nice to have a more constant sound it isn't anything really drastic and was just a very minor annoyance I had with the game.It's a good size game as well. There are numerous sidequests and I think I did them all and it took me about 45 hours total. I played on Normal and some aspects felt a bit easier the others. The combat and main game stuff felt about right but I rarely ever bought anything save for the Licenses that stock certain items from your own dealer on ship and the Unique Items that raise your medi-gel and grenades that you can hold at a given time. I ended up with tons of credits and was maxed out at 9,999,999 with a pretty good deal of game left over, maybe a little more then ten hours left. Nothing major though and it was nice that I didn't have to worry about money.All said and done it's a fantastic game that I would recommend to anyone despite it's technical issues. Well-paced storyline that holds your interest from beginning to it's incredibly exciting ending with a ton of potential for future sequels.
[QUOTE=''Archangel3371''] Great stuff. [/QUOTE] Thanks, man. Awesome impressions. As if I needed any more excuses to get this game ASAP. :)
[QUOTE=''SteelAttack''][QUOTE=''Archangel3371''] Great stuff. [/QUOTE] Thanks, man. Awesome impressions. As if I needed any more excuses to get this game ASAP. :)[/QUOTE]No problem.I wasn't initially going to post all that but everytime I put something down something else would pop up that I really wanted to mention as well. I'll probably make a couple edits and mention something about the somewhat mini-game kind of feature of opening locked crates, surveying rocks and minerals, and obtaining artifacts and use this as my review for the game. I haven't posted a review in ages so I guess it's about time to do one.
I need to get my copy
Yes, ME is selling good (and deserves it and more), but its not selling as good as Assassins Creed, CoD4 or GH3. Its still early, though, so we'll see. A lot of people are tearing it down, though, and I just don't understand why. I've never finished an RPG and turned right around and played it again. Its a special game that has nowhere to go but up.

No comments:

Post a Comment