Sunday, April 11, 2010

Old Counterstrike

Ok, I'm planning to install an online shooter on a pretty old computer that can't handle newest games, so I thought I'd install the old Counterstrike mod for Half-Life 1.My question is: does this game still have a community playing it or am I going to get an empty server list? Old Counterstrike
No way buddy... CS has one of the most active communties in PC gaming. Heck, once in a while i even crank up Counter strike :DOld Counterstrike
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
Well the old mod version might not have as many players but 1.6 still has more players than any other fps.
Thanks guys, that's what I needed to know. Too bad I can't find my half-life cd w/serial number anywhere. Argh this is sooo lame! :lol:
If you can't find the serial number you could always go and pick up Counter-Strike: Anthology for cheap. It has the old Counter-Strike as well as CS: Condition Zero which I play the most just because it has a bit better graphics.
[QUOTE=''Iceman2005'']If you can't find the serial number you could always go and pick up Counter-Strike: Anthology for cheap. It has the old Counter-Strike as well as CS: Condition Zero which I play the most just because it has a bit better graphics.[/QUOTE]Hope I don't have to... it's gotta be somewhere in my house! :lol:Besides I don't think they sell the version you're talking about in a 100 miles range around here (they only sell new stuff, like BioAssasin's Effect 3: Dead Men)
[QUOTE=''Black_Knight_00''][QUOTE=''Iceman2005'']If you can't find the serial number you could always go and pick up Counter-Strike: Anthology for cheap. It has the old Counter-Strike as well as CS: Condition Zero which I play the most just because it has a bit better graphics.[/QUOTE]Hope I don't have to... it's gotta be somewhere in my house! :lol:Besides I don't think they sell the version you're talking about in a 100 miles range around here (they only sell new stuff, like BioAssasin's Effect 3: Dead Men)[/QUOTE]New games are good too. If you always say the older games are the best, gaming is never going to get any better.
as we speak...the game has 85,000 people playing online...its community wont be dead for centuries at this rate.
CS is saweet
[QUOTE=''ThePostalWorker'']New games are good too. If you always say the older games are the best, gaming is never going to get any better.[/QUOTE]Catch the irony between the lines. Besides, I'm not criticizing, just stating a fact: stores here almost exclusively sell new games.

CS and HL say I can't play online because of IPX or something and says I'm using a proxy, I'm not using aproxy and I don't know what IPX is.Help if you can.
1.6 still has a very active community.
[QUOTE=''Iceman2005'']If you can't find the serial number you could always go and pick up Counter-Strike: Anthology for cheap. It has the old Counter-Strike as well as CS: Condition Zero which I play the most just because it has a bit better graphics.[/QUOTE] CZ FTW

No comments:

Post a Comment