Tuesday, December 13, 2011

GTA IV Screenshot Typo

Hey,Hope Im not breaking any rules by posting this here. I thought it was pretty funny when I spotted a typo on one of the signs in a GTA IV screenshot.Image 81 of 93http://www.gamespot.com/pages/image_viewer/frame_lead.php?pid=933037%26img=81%26sid=undefinedThe sign under the ''MK'' sign says RESTAUTANT instead of RESTAURANTMaybe Rockstar is still ironing out the bugs? But I would hate for the game to be released with types such as this. Not a good look, imo. :PTake CareGTA IV Screenshot Typo
Ha-ha! That's funny! Someone must've accidentally pressed ''T'' rather than ''R'' since they're so close on the keyboard.GTA IV Screenshot Typo
[QUOTE=''Dagamemonkey''] Someone must've accidentally pressed ''T'' rather than ''R'' since they're so close on the keyboard.[/QUOTE] lol exactly! hehe wonder how many more there are, if any?
Well, given that it's in chinatown, the mispelling might've been intentional, too.
[QUOTE=''Skylock00'']Well, given that it's in chinatown, the mispelling might've been intentional, too.[/QUOTE]Lol...are things usually misspelled in Chinatown? At first I thought, you know, maybe Rockstar was just being funny. You know how GTA games are with the funny signs and all. But with the R being right next to the T on the keyboard, seems like a wrong button was pushed somewhere :P
I don't know, man. Textures like then are usually done in some sort of image editing program like photoshop. I almost think they're poking fun by making the sign engrish. (www.engrish.com)
[QUOTE=''Skylock00'']Well, given that it's in chinatown, the mispelling might've been intentional, too.[/QUOTE]Considering the series' history and its sense of humor I would say that you are dead on. Plus, I think the screenshots are released by Rockstar and go through several channels and departments/filters prior to being released to the public. Though, I won't completely rule out the possiblilty, I'm sure this screen shot wouldn't have been released at all if it weren't intentional.

looks like a typo to me. You still need to proofread your text, even in an image editor.
Good points everybody. Like I said before, maybe they're still ironing out the bugs and stuff. I mean, this game isnt scheduled to release until Q1 next year. There's still some time. I wouldn't put it past Rockstar though if they're just being funny! Check out the earlier GTA's lol. You can find some funny stuff throughout the cities.Ahh, oh well. No biggie I guess. Just thought it was kinda funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment